Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: 8mm help****

  1. #11
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    You can buy mini disk recorders (records onto
    a small re-recordable CD) for about 150 quid (SONY make one) that would work instead of DAT I think. You would also need to get a decent mike, headphones, and possibly a mixer of some sort to check that you record at the right level.

    Try www.widescreen-centre.co.uk in the UK
    they sell a super8 developing tank, manual and chemicals. It looks like it might work out quite cheap. Havent done it myself though.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member foolmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as I've seen or at least every 8mm camera I've seen has had sound! Duh!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I take it you mean vid foolmaster, in which case might I interest you in a wax disc player - after all it's got sound wink
    the mics on 8mm vid are poor, and you need the best sound you can get(ears don't blink)

    cheers

    Paul

  4. #14
    Inactive Member corey13's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually Kodachrome 40 is not the cheapest, but is the most popular. Check out the Kodak site for the prices. And the processing is not free. Wal-mart does it for $3.44 and Target does it for $6.50.

    Yes, super 8 looks fantastic, but really it looks better when projected than transfered. Because when it gets transfered the quality goes down. If you would like to get it transfered, you could get it transfered alot cheaper and they could put it on a VCD so you could just pop it into your computer rather than capturing it.

    Kodak stopped making sound film in 1998 but you can still get some old rolls that will be good as long as they have been refridgerated. Or you could record the sound seperately and get the film striped and record the sound or sync it up on the computer. It does'nt matter what you use to record the sound as long as you get it recorded.


    The regular 8mm cameras are cheaper than super8

    That is not true.

    I would'nt use reg8 because the frame size is just about square and the super 8 frame is pretty close to 4:3 (standard tv frame)


    8mm dose not have 16:9 aspect does it????

    No, get an anamorphic lense.

    Look on www.ebay.com Garage sales Flea markets and pawn shops for the stuff I was talking about.

    And to get better info about super8 go to Super8filmmaking ( a few forums down)


    Good Luck!

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by director666:
    hello lads, I was debating if I should use super8 for my movie and I think I'm swaying towards using it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Did you make your film?



    ------------------
    Discuss This...<A HREF="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=&number=30" TARGET=_blank>
    Super-8 Filmmaking in the Digital Age...</A>

  6. #16
    gaspode
    Guest gaspode's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by corey13:
    Actually Kodachrome 40 is not the cheapest, but is the most popular. Check out the Kodak site for the prices. And the processing is not free. Wal-mart does it for $3.44 and Target does it for $6.50.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Actually, in the UK (and Europe?) Kodachrome does come with developing included in the price. and although not the cheapest to buy out right, the russian Quarzchrome is , at 18GBP for three, with the added cost of processing the other films work out to be more exspensive.

    see http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/price6.html for details of UK pricing.

    ------------------
    'Cause of death... at this time, unknown...'
    'Unknown? What the..? He's had his fuckin' head sliced off!'

  7. #17
    phazerkid
    Guest phazerkid's Avatar

    Post

    sorry to ask, (i'm completley sheltered in the Australian film world), but why does everyone use 8mm camera's? because they're cheap or because thy're good quality. It sounds to much to deal with to me !

    ------------------
    I think i'm like the librarian that never learnt to read

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •